Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Day 61 - PIKE'S PILSENER OAKBANK BEER

Beer 61 - Pike's Pilsener Oakbank Beer.....first time

Really interesting combination. On the opening of the bottle the initial dissapointment was due to an aroma of a very standard local lager. Strange though, while pouring into the glass the scent had transformed into that of a fruity pale ale? Which is by the way, quite a bit what it tasted like.....I'm confused - this is labelled as a 'pilsener'??

I do think they's missed the target - but came up with a very enjoyable brew none the less! Pale in colour with fruity overtones as I said earlier. It is clear, crisp and refreshing - giving way to a nice bitter finish which is pilsener-like. I don't think that's enough to qualify it as such.

My rating....4



Thought for the Day......I've got to admit, I am unearthing some super impressive beers I would never have come across in this lifetime - but for my beer challenge!

1 comment:

  1. What attracted me to the Oakbank beer was the name. I can actually see the brewery (in my mind). We drove past that brewery almost everyday in my childhood, as most of the family live around Oakbank.
    Wish I had the courage to try it, but I like a dry red wine.

    Cheers!!

    ReplyDelete