Sunday, December 18, 2011

# 81 - Schofferhofer Hefeweizen

Beer 81 - Schofferhofer Hefeweizen.

Pours pale and cloudy with a colour verging on orange. It has a rediculously fluffy white head (in a good way) that last as long as the beer itself. This is unquestionably the fruitiest wheat beer I've stumbled across so far. The aroma is of fresh apples and pears. While it is a standard full strength 5%, it is surprisingly light and fresh on the palate. It does still produce a mild bitter hop finish - subtle though evident.

Perhaps most interesting, the ex-pat German I spoke of yesterday described his favourite beer as what I felt I was experiencing in drinking this one......tried this brew Jurgen??

My rating.......5



Thought for the day........Sometimes we take out our frustrations on the wrong people! Note to self - "Think....think....think....re-assess....speak.....maybe think again first?"
Ahhhh - the joys of being human!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment